thin head bolt – nut with cotter pin. Meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-
271F Type IVA, Grade A, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
Capacities 1/3 thru 150 metric tons, grade 6.
• Working Load Limit and grade “6” permanently shown on every shackle.
• Forged – Quenched and Tempered, with alloy bolts.
• Hot Dip galvanized or self colored. (85, 120, and 150 metric ton shackles
are all hot dip galvanized bows and the bolts are Dimetcoted® and painted red)
• Fatigue rated (1/3t – 55t).
• Shackles 25t and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
• Approved for use at -40 degree C (-40 degree F) to 204 degree C (400 degree F).
• Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26.
• Shackles 85 metric tons and larger are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the
working load limit.