G-2140 meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271F, Type IVA, Grade B, Class
3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
Quenched and Tempered.
• Alloy bows, Alloy bolts.
• Forged Alloy Steel 2 thru 200 metric tons. Cast Alloy Steel 250 thru 400 metric tons.
Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
• Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle.
• 30, 40, 55, and 85 metric ton shackle bows are available galvanized or self colored
with bolts that are galvanized and painted red.
• 120, 150, 175 metric ton shackle bows are hot-dip galvanized; bolts are Dimetcoted
and painted red.
• 400 metric ton shackle bows are Dimetcoted; bolts are Dimetcoted and painted red.
• Sizes 1-1/2 and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
• Approved for use at -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
• Shackles are Quenched and Tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements of
42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) at -20 degrees C (-4 degrees F).